NHA Advanced Training with Howard Glasser
Awakening Children to Their Greatness through the Nurtured Heart Approach
Sunday, July 21 - Friday, July 26, 2013
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Embassy Suites Syracuse
I came to the Advanced Training, feeling knowledgeable about the Nurtured Heart Approach, but wondering how I could successfully inspire and motivate families to adopt the approach. After completing the training, not only am I confident in how to bring the approach to families, I realize that I have a far greater understanding of the concepts themselves, and how to practically apply them. I left the training with a portfolio of concrete ideas to bring back to my family and work. I think you were masterful in guiding the process, and in doing so in a manner which respected everyone and every idea. I certainly recommend this training to anyone who feels called to make the Nurtured Heart Approach a part of their personal and/or professional life. ~ Thomas Nylund, MS
Those who have taken the Advanced Training often consider it life changing and beyond anything they ever expected in terms of it providing a rich and meaningful experience.
Nurtured Heart Approach has shown itself to be enormously beneficial to parents and professionals in providing superior work with families, children and schools, producing excellent results within the framework of limited resources and limiting circumstances.
The Advanced Training:
- Designed for Treatment Professionals, Educators, Parents & All Child Advocates
- This workshop will result in full authorization and certification for the professional use of the Nurtured Heart Approach.
- CEU's available
- Become the Approach: Be Immersed in the Nurtured Heart Approach, coming to know it from the inside out
- Led by Howard Glasser, the developer of The Nurtured Heart Approach, along with his teaching partner and gifted co-author of the Transforming the Difficult Child Workbook, Lisa Bravo.
- In-depth training, participation and dialogue
I feel richly rewarded by the techniques you (Howard) gifted us with during the Advanced Training. I came with head and heart understanding and now have the embodied (belly) integration of all the pieces that I was needing in order to really go forward. ~ Donna Jenson, MS
Below you will find the important details to help you get the most out of your training, including:
- Workshop Schedule
Advanced Training Tuition:
- First Time Participants in Advanced Training - $1700
- Renewal - returning Advanced Trainers - $950
Special Early Bird Registration until Oct 31. 2012:
- First Time Participants in Advanced Training - $1500
- Renewal - returning Advanced Trainers - $750
- Early registration is highly recoommended for the Advanced Training as this event typically fills completely before the training week.
Requirements for All Advanced Training Attendance:
- Attended a one-day Transforming the Difficult Child Workshop in person or digitally OR have read one of the core Nurtured Heart Approach books OR have attended the Nurtured Heart Approach Foundations on-line course.
- Have experimented with this approach in your personal or professional life. This will allow us to work at a level of depth that will meet the needs of all attending.
Organizations Submitting Multiple Applications:
Have each individual registering personally fill out their own application.
Renewal Advanced Trainers:
Each year, NHA Advanced Training has special components designed for returning Advanced Trainers to deepen their understanding, improve their leadership skills, step into their goals for the year, present Breakout Sessions, network with other experienced Renewal Advanced Trainers, contribute to the development of CSF, and more. This is where you shine as leaders of leaders. Advanced Training is designed to be an annual event for those committed to shifting their world using NHA. Stay inspired, current in your understanding of the approach and reunite with your NHA colleagues. To register for Renewal, use the online registration form. Indicate clearly that you are a returning Advanced Trainer. As a professional using NHA, you can earn 32.5 CEUs.
Continuing Education Credits:
You will earn 32.5 Continuing Education Credits for completing this five-day course.
My husband and I were desperate to find an approach that worked for our 'high energy' 6 year old boy. No form of discipline whatsoever would make him listen to us or follow rules. He had always been a handful, but somehow, things had gone from bad to worse. The Nurtured Heart Approach transformed my son into a well behaved, considerate boy who listens to his parents. I would consider that a miracle, and I am eternally grateful. ~ Anonymous, Parent
- Day 1: PHASE I: Here's What We Are Standing For: Notions
9:00 AM – 6 PM – Discussion, video, therapeutic and educational scenarios in light of the deeper underlying notions and aspects of Nurtured Heart Approach.
- Day 2: PHASE II: Here's What We Are Standing For: Intentions
9:00 AM – 6 PM – Discussion, video, therapeutic and educational scenarios in light of the deeper underlying aspects of the intentions of Nurtured Heart Approach.
- Day 3: PHASE III: Here's What We Are Standing For: Transformation
9:00 AM – 6 PM – Discussion, video, therapeutic and educational scenarios in light of the deeper underlying aspects of transformation in relation to the Nurtured Heart Approach.
- Day 4: PHASE IV: Here's What We Are Standing For: Fearlessness
9:00 AM – 6 PM – Discussion, video, therapeutic and educational scenarios in light of the deeper underlying aspects of fearlessness in relation to the Nurtured Heart Approach.
- Day 5: PHASE V: Here's What We Are Standing For: The Healing
9:00 AM – 5 PM – Discussion, video, therapeutic and educational scenarios in light of the deeper underlying aspects of "healing" in relation to the Nurtured Heart Approach and further methods of "notching up" the approach as needed.
Knowing what I know now about your Nurtured Heart Approach and 'comparing' it to how I was treated as a child has given me more opportunity for healing; this alone was worth the entire week. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for 'you' and your very gentle and genuine manner in the conveying the truth that is in you. Your existence on the earth has, and will continue, to spare countless children the unbelievable turmoil and damage they experience by being criticized for being themselves, and, as a consequence of this, subsequently grow into adulthood with a tremendous amount of guilt, bad choices, and very little self-esteem. The repercussions of 'you' Howie are far, far reaching, and our world is a much richer, more loving place because of you, and your determination to save other children from what some of us have experienced. ~MSW
2018 Conference - STRONGER TOGETHER
May 4, 2018 - May 5, 2018
Embassy Suites - Destiny